Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I swear when I grow up, I won't just buy you a rose, I'll buy you the flower shop and you will never be lonely.

Mood music: Fun. - The Gambler

It's been an interesting couple of weeks, to say the least. But I'm alive, and for that, I am thankful.

The 100 Happy Days challenge is still going strong, on day 44 today. I actually thought about quitting it, but I do like a challenge. I'm glad I stuck with it, there is always a silver lining in everything, even with sadness.

This past weekend, I was able to see one of my favorite friends, Emily. The last time I saw her was 2010, right before I graduated from Centre... it's crazy to think about. She moved out to Arizona for a few years to get her Masters degree in chemistry before moving back to Atlanta to work towards a Doctorate in chemistry as well. Such a smarty pants, no wonder we're friends :) It was so wonderful to spend even a short time with her... felt like we just saw each other the day before. Friendships like that are rare and a beautiful thing; if you have one like that, keep a strong hold on it. You don't find many people that you connect with on that kind of level.

Annie, Emily and me at The Devil Makes Three

The world is always spinning, things are always changing, people come in and out of lives... while it is a bit stressful at times, that's what makes the world a wonderful place. You really never know what will happen. All we can do to keep happy is to find reason and purpose in every event, every decision, everything. Things have a funny way of working themselves out when you're least expecting it. Be patient, think things thru. Whatever happens, you know that you have people that love you regardless. Make sure you let those people know you appreciate them. The world is too big to try to conquer on your own.

May is a busy month, not just for me either, but for most people I think. I hope I can take my own advice: get outside, enjoy the day. Go do something that makes you happy. Get fro yo, and take the time to sit on a bench and eat it. Leisurely stroll through a park, or a cool place in town. People watch. Make your favorite food. Life can too easily pass us by. Try to remember to take a break once in a while.

I want everyone to feel happiness, even if for a moment today. I think we all deserve it.

4 comments:

  1. Watching J.Lo as Selena will make you feel happiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We talked about this... it's happening the weekend of May 16th-18th. LET'S DO THIS.

      Delete
  2. Watching "thug notes" on YouTube will make you feel EXTRA happiness....take that C-Rhodes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, now, Rivers. This isn't a place to one-up everyone. :)

      Delete