Thursday, July 23, 2015

Change can be a good thing, and a necessary thing.

A friend asked if I had written a blog post recently. I know that I had not written for a long time, so I looked up this good old blog, and realized that I haven't written in almost 9 months. Not a bad thing, maybe a little surprising.

But I know why I had not written anything for months and months. Overall, this blog had the overarching theme of thinking positively, even when things may not be going your way. To be happy with what you have, and conscious of all the blessings in your life. Sometimes, how to get out of a funk or begin to think positively again.

The main reason I had the blog was for personal reasons, since with chemistry grad school, there are a lot of bad days, but some good days sprinkled in. It takes a lot of perseverance to get thru it, and go thru all the bad days with a smile on your face. This was my blank canvas, my emotional sounding board. But now I realize that I don't really need it. There's also the fact that there are only so many ways to help yourself to be happy before you just starting repeating everything over and over again.

So: what can you do whenever you reached your goal and are overall pretty dang happy with how things are going? You recreate and change your path.

So instead of positive thinking and happiness, I'm switching tunes and writing about something that gives me an unending source of joy: travel.

My thought behind the "new" and "improved" blog is to write about my experiences with travel, places I've been, places I'm going, and places I want to go. And, if anyone wants to "guest blog" about a place, they're more than welcome to.

So, overall, keep your head up, and find something you love to do. Once you do, hold on to it. Whether it's travel, shopping, cooking, exercising, collecting, etc., find what you love and do it. Life's too short not to.

Goodbye, The Power of Positive Thinking. Hello, This Looks Like a Good Place to Lose/Find Myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment