Sunday, December 30, 2012

Love will find a way to bloom.

Hello lovely people. It's been a while. I haven't been in the best of moods for the past month or so. So busy trying to get results that just won't happen, trying to finish up the hardest semester I've ever had; trying to make time for my family and friends this holiday season; trying to not let little things get me down.

We can't all be happy all the time. That is as good of a lesson as any, I think. It's opposite of one of my most influential lessons I've learned throughout my high school and college years: only you can make yourself happy. Other people can help continue your happiness, but overall, you are in charge of your own happiness.

But even the happiest of people gets down sometimes. It's natural, and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Sometimes when I get stressed, I tend to shove every piece of food towards my face. That's been my crutch for a while, but it's not the healthiest thing to do. Pizza diets, while delicious, are not great for you.

So, since it is the time of a new year starting, people are going to start making New Year resolutions. I'm not big into that, because I rarely keep them. However, I want a new way to deal with my sadness/stress/frustration.

I've tried yoga before, and it worked somewhat while I continuously practiced it. But then, life got in the way (Correction: science got in the way, like it always does), and I stopped. I found some classes at the recerational center on campus that I'm planning to do. It's not good when just being in the city you live in makes you stressed.

Below is one of my favorite bands, and I used a lot of their songs for yoga music and relaxation.

Mae - A Quiet (E)vening/Bloom

It could be about someone you love. It could be about your faith. Something that you're going through. But by still hoping, still dreaming, the finish line you want to reach is close. Stress is a part of life, but it does pass.

(I need to take my own advice more often than not. lol)

What do you do to relive yourself of stress? Massage, for stress you inflict on your body? Meditation, to soothe the mind? A warm bath? Listening to soft, comforting music?

Just remember to destress every once in a while. Maybe I will too, one of these days. Until then, it's time to break out the yoga mat. And Mae. And occasionally order some pizza and drink some wine. And eat chocolate. And my favorite thing: remember to breathe.

Until next time, loves. Have a wonderful new years, spending time with those that you love and cherish. I know I'm excited to spend it with some of the best people I know. Obviously can't have everyone I want around, but that's just life.

Remember to breathe. :) Try to stay positive. Things always turn out the way they are supposed to, and it's usually for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment